Lost in the stream

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another image of reflections and currents in a small stream. What else can I say?! I find it so easy to get lost in making these kinds of images, especially when standing in the water, and, certainly lost while viewing them.

Specific Feedback

any and all

Technical Details

Sony a6000, 210mm, 1/400, f/6.3, ISO400, with adjustments to tone curves and reduction in clarity in LR

1 Like

Reflections can be so fascinating! I love the colour palette here and the myriad brilliant shapes to lose myself in. It’s very difficult to make a chaotic composition and you’ve done it quite well. The only thing I might do is to add a vignette, so that I don’t get so lost I wander out of the frame. Mesmerizing!

Wonderful. reflection image! This is exactly the type of scene that I can lose myself in! Hypnotic. The only thing I might try out (and that’s just me) is to maybe tone down the purples a bit, or try to shift the hue a little towards the blue. But it’s a wonderful image, so just ignore me, if you are happy with it :wink: .