Lot's a Leaves

Just for fun… I was just sitting and enjoying the little trickles at Fern Springs in Yosemite. You’d never know from this photo, but I was sitting there on a rock because I was waiting out traffic… apparently a park service crew closed the road for 10 or 15 minutes for some tree removal and cleanup. Well, this backed up traffic on the valley loop drive and about 20 yards to my left were a couple dozen vehicles stopped in a traffic jam. Lovely.

So I just sat and tried to get absorbed in the sounds of the cascading water of the natural spring. The sun had cleared the valley walls and was filtered gently through the Big Leaf Maple and Dogwood. I thought, what the heck and grabbed the camera, handheld with my new Tamron 17-35mm.

And so today I thought, what the heck, this should fit with the new WC.

Thanks for any comments.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Color, processing, luminosity?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

nothing too original here. worth keeping?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Single frame, hand held. I did CA-Clone a heavy, dark branch somewhere on the left

Tamron 17-35mm @17mm, f/16 1/100th iso 400

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Lon, seems to fit the WC just fine. As your title states; Lot’s a Leaves. The sunburst is a key element in the scene no doubt as well as the dabbled light it has provided through the leaves. Looks really good overall…:sunglasses:
No thought for changes here from my POV…:thinking:

Lon, I like this. It captures nicely what you were trying to feel, the play of sun and rustle of leaves. While the leaves fill the view, it’s the sunstar that creates the mood. Nicely done.

I’d much rather be here than in the car. Nice starburst and the green color palette works well for me.

Leaves as multitude. It makes sense. We’ve all been doing fields of flowers. Back lit leaves always have so much life. Nice work.