Luminosty Tree

Hello, everyone. I’m finally happy to be here again.
This picture recalls the end of a foggy day in the High Fens. A raised bog on the border between Belgium and Germany.
When I took my camera out of the backpack, the lens fogged up a little and created the fog in the lower right part. Which I like very much.

Specific Feedback Requested

I’m grateful for any feedback

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Iso 320 95mm f/11 1/10sec

martinkleuters.photography
5 Likes

Beautiful dreamy, otherworldly look to this one. Great light and mood. This one works quite well.

1 Like

The fogged lens gave you a great glow near the top, too, which I love! Beautiful old trees, well composed. I think it would be interesting to soften the snow somehow, as , for me, it competes with the trees a bit. The fog adds a wonderful mood and lets the FG trees stand out.

1 Like

hey thanks I’m glad it appeals to you. best regards

[quote=“Diane_Miller, post:3, topic:27195”]

The fogged lens gave you a great glow near the top, too, which I love! Beautiful old trees, well composed. I think it would be interesting to soften the snow somehow, as , for me, it competes with the trees a bit. The fog adds a wonderful mood and lets the FG trees stand out.

[/quoteThank you for the detailed criticism. I made a very conscious decision to leave the snow so light that I don't have the appearance of a sihulette. With this style of image processing, I try to simulate the natural progression of light, which here goes from top right to bottom left. Also snow was important for me here as it gives a feel for the weather conditions and it gives more contrast to the picture. Please don't take my lengthy explanation as a justification it helps me a lot to put into words my conscious decisions when editing. Greetings and thank you.

Martin, I really like how this image expresses strong emotions. I think the LRC is your weak point but since you state that you are happy with it then there is not much to say. The snow works for me as it fits with the mood of the image. Well done.

1 Like

Martin, I like the somber mood of this scene, and the subtle green colors of the moss. To me the shape of the center tree is very interesting, and the green moss really helps attract attention to it. but I am in agreement with @Diane_Miller, the brightness of the snow in the LLC pulls some attention from the tree, and i would pull back the highlights in that area.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for the great response. I dimmed the lights a bit in the snow. But now it seems to me as if the snow looks a bit too greyish.
What do you think of the adaptation?
And thank you for your time.

Without putting them side by side in the same post so I can click back and forth, I can’t see a difference. Everything else is grayed-out with the fog, so I don’t think it looks strange to have the snow toned down. It is a marvelous scene, however you choose to present it!

Beautiful dreamy look!
A TEN in my book!!!