Lunch is Ready

This Little Blue Heron had found him something in the low tide that he thought was edible. All comments and suggestions welcome.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7D II, Canon 100-400 mm L lens, settings manual except ISO auto, f8, 1/500, ISO 100. Edited in LR.
(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Excellent detail, Shirley and the prey is a nice bonus. I also like the reflections in the water. I do find myself wishing it had raised it’s head just a trifle, but you can’t control that.

1 Like

Nice image Shirley. Nice hunting pose - I’m wondering if that is a tadpole the bird has. The colors look quite natural to me. Fine details. Well done.

1 Like

Very nice detail in the heron. I like the colorful reflections in the water. It’s a nice shot of its environment without seeming too cluttered. My only thought might be to brighten the heron, to create more of a contrast between the heron and the water-give the heron a bit more pop.

1 Like