Lunch time

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Winter is almost over (if we had any), but there is some food left for the birds in my garden. The chaffinch usually searches for food on the ground, but has learned that there is more to find on the mesh that is attached to a standard and that is frequently visited by great and blue tits, and by some doves.
This one is biting a sunflower seed.
The image was shot through a thermopane window, not the best condition for sharp images, but I didn’t want to disturb the bird by getting out. And it would almost certainly have flown away.

Specific Feedback

Any and all.

Technical Details

Pentax K3 Mk. III with Pentax 4.5-5.6/150-450mm and 1.4x extender, 630mm combination.
ISO1600, f/8, 1/1000sec., “bean” bag (the modern lightweight version, with packaging chips instead of beans).
Raw conversion in DxO PL6, small corrections in curves and saturation, about 50% crop. The BG still had some texture, that I blurred a bit.

A nice image of this little fellow, Han. When I first saw the thumbnail, I thought Juvenile American Goldfinch-the coloration is much the same with that beautiful yellow-gold. The window didn’t seem to hurt the image quality significantly.

Thanks @Dennis_Plank for your comment!