Mallard Hen Landing

Shot this locally one morning while I was attempting to photograph stilts.

In post, I cropped a bit, resized to 1600 px, and selected the bird and her reflection and sharpened. Then, I cleaned up the water a bit and added a little canvas on the bottom. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D3s
700mm
ISO 1000
1/2500
f/5.6

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

A beautiful landing shot, Lyle. I love the water and the duck itself is excellent. Well done.

This is really cool! Looks like you had some nice light to work with, too. I find myself wanting the mallard to be a little less centered, but you don’t want to cut off too much of the water splash, so it’s a hard one haha.

Hi Lyle,
I really like the splash behind and ahead of the duck. Nice landing pose right at splash down. Nice exposure. Love the reflection. Well done.

It needs a touch of CCW rotation but kind of jumps off the screen…
Nice light and nice angle.

I love everything about this, the light, the reflection and the action with a splash !
Cheers!

Great timing and excellent PP work Lyle.

This really jumped out in the gallery view and didn’t disappoint when I opened it up. Very nice shot and action.

Excellent landing shot and it looks as if you had some sweet light. Like the water action and colors.

I love this shot. I always hope to be present at a smooth as glass lake and manage to get an opportunity like this for a nicely lit, splash down moment with its reflection. Yes!

Nice composition an excellent light. The watercolor and the splash are fascinating. And then the rest of the water is really smooth allowing for the excellent reflection. Nicely done and seen

Wow, what a shot! Excellent timing, composition and light. Love it!
Grt, Ingrid.