Many textures

Image Description

This from my travels in Nunavut near the small city of Iqaluit on a stream just as winter was coming in. I felt like what I was seeing were the pages of an art book fanned out before me, each one a work of art by itself from the ice on the left to the clear ice and sand below on the right.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I was astonished by the textures and colors and their juxtaposition to each other. For me that alone was enough to make it a good candidate to photograph and the end result is very pleasing to me. I’d appreciate any thoughts others have.

Technical Details

Minolta DiMAGE! Very few adjustments in LR.

2 Likes

Hi John,
this is a really good find. A beautiful abstract image. When I first opened this post I was not sure what I was looking at. Is it a drone shot, or did he maybe use a macro lens?

When I saw your image in full-size, my first thought was that it was a bit soft, especially in the bright area on the left edge. My eye longed for a little more detail. But with this abstract image, it doesn’t bother me.

I wonder how the image would look if you rotated it by 90 degrees counterclockwise. But that’s just an idea. I like your image as it is.

Fascinating and mysterious!! Wonderful find! I love the polka dots on the right!!

Hi John, this is quite a find and you captured it nicely. At first glance I thought it might be animal pelts, ha ha. Quite a “layer cake” that nature had provided. Enjoying the varied tones and especially enjoy the layer just off-center with its various lines and geometric shapes.