Manzanita Lake, Lassen NP

This is my favorite view on Manzanita Lake. It’s actually looking away from Lassen Peak itself. There’s something about this view that just pleases me, even though it’s rather generic. :woman_shrugging:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments welcome. I brought out the cloud reflections a bit - does that detract from serenity? Does this even speak serenity to you?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
a7r3, 24mm, f/16, 1/125s, ISO 400.

1 Like

Maybe because of the b&w it does seem serene to me. Nothing is fighting for my attention, instead I slip into the scene as I would the water. Good progression of the clouds both in the reflection and the sky. The trees are more interesting than the grassy bank in the middle.

Serenity, to me, is a scene like this - beautiful, peaceful lake in the mountains. I really like how the refection of the clouds and mountain pull your eyes toward the center of the image. Nice. As I opened the “reply tab” to congratulate you on a super image, the image cropped and cut off the bottom half of the foreground and I liked it. It really made the foreground willows, trees and mountains stronger in the image.

Bonnie, the reflections and the big U of the water do make for a nicely peaceful feeling…of course I’m a sucker for reflections…

This is a beautiful peaceful scene. I like how you have made the composition largely about the reflection and the B&W choice works well too.

I agree with @Harley_Goldman that this scene is largely about the reflection. Beautifully composed and processed Bonnie. I do find this very Serene in deed. B&W is just perfect for this scene.

Thank you, @Kris_Smith, @kelly_cole, @Mark_Seaver, @Harley_Goldman, and @David_Haynes for your thoughts.