Marsh Wren and Re-post

It was nice to get the wren out in the open and I liked the environment and the reflection.

Specific Feedback Requested: Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Canon 7DII; Sigma 150-600 at 600 mm; 1/1000 at f7.1, -1/3EV; ISO 400

2 Likes

Oh my! This is so beautiful! Wrens are so hard to catch because they’re moving all the time! And to have the reflection as well is a bonus! I love it! Great capture!

1 Like

Great shot. Nice to see on out in the open. Perfect reflection.

1 Like

The photo is great. Perfectly exposed, good details in the wren and the reflection tops it off!

1 Like

Great - wrens are so hard to catch and you caught it in a perfect pose, plus reflection. My only suggestion, Allen, would be to perhaps lower the brightness of the background as the large stalk and pale dots draw my eye away from your beautiful subject a little.

1 Like

A gorgeous shot of this wren, Allen. A sight rarely seen and you were at the right angle to catch it beautifully. The image quality is excellent and the lighting looks great. Well done.

1 Like

Lovely shot Allen. Really nice to get the wren down at the waters edge, a sight I have never seen. And good job getting low and catching the reflection as well. The suggestion to darken the bg a bit might be worth a look. Well done.

1 Like

Allen, this is a wonderful image of this little Wren. I love that you are down at eye level with him. A nice reflection of him as well. Nicely done.

1 Like

Allen: I like this a lot! Great scene, love the reflection and the light quality is icing on the cake. Very nice.

1 Like

Thanks to all who commented. I had already done some darkening of the background, but agree with the comments from Mike, Dennis, and David that it would be worth seeing if more could be done. Here’s a repost: I cropped a slight amount off the top and darkened the background and removed some of the brighter areas that drew my eye.

1 Like

I love this, and the crop improves it too.

1 Like

Love the reflection and your repost is very nice. Awesome…Jim

1 Like