Marsh Wren

I posted a different shot of this wren partially hidden a week or so ago, but I finally got around to processing one with him out in the open.

Please compare with this version: I found another reed that seemed to pull my eye.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything. The only real processing done here was bringing out texture in the plumage and brightening the bird a bit and burning one especially bright reed.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything. Is the background too busy or are there areas/elements that pull your eye?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

7DII, Sigma 150-600 C @ 600 mm, bean bag on car window, f/8, 1/1600, iso 640, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Plumage enhancement using Topaz Detail. Cropped to 4152x2768 before resizing. Taken at 9:06 am on February 6th.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

This is a good environmental shot of the wren. I think darkening that one reed was fine, though it really didn’t seem to draw my eye when it was lighter. Good pose and detail in the wren; colors look quite natural. As a less environmental shot, I could see this cropped on the right and bottom.