Another Marsh Wren & RP

I went to my local wildlife refuge two days ago with the specific intent of getting Marsh Wren images. This takes a fair amount of patience and planning. And as I mentioned yesterday, they are very difficult to find because they hide in the grasses. I like this image the best of the three images I was able to acquire. This one, in my opinion, really shows the habitat of this bird.

Specific Feedback Requested

This is a very large crop, 6% of full frame. Processed initially in DxO photo lab 4 with additional noise reduction from Topaz. No cloning. Minimal sharpening and postprocessing other than noise reduction.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Iso-1250, 400 2X extender, F7 .1, 2500th, handheld, A7r4, 6% of full frame or 3.8 megapixels out of 61.

That’s an incredible crop, David. I can see a lack of detail in the bird which makes me think the focus was probably on those reeds it was hanging onto but when it’s that small in the frame, getting the focus where you want it is pure luck-you don’t have time to zoom in and put it right where you want it. I love the composition and the pose. The only thing I’d change is to tone down the furthest left bright reed stem as it pulls my eye quite a bit.

Very nice peek-a-boo pose. Definitely caught the wren in its environment. Well done.

Nice enviro image and fun peeking pose…

Made a few suggested changes.

I like the habitat also, especially the feet grasping the perch. IQ could be better, as noted, and where the shadow landed is a little unfortunate.