Massive Dynamic

This is a disused rail river crossing over the Merrimack in Manchester NH. I’d driven by is a zillion times and finally decided to walk over it. In the late 80s you could drive over it, but I wouldn’t advise it. There were holes when I walked it and it was newly blocked with big boulders to prevent people from trying. If you walk it though you reach some nature trails in the town on the other side. I did it a few times before I moved.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything useful is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Probably a tripod, maybe a CPL on the lens. Can’t remember.

Lr processed for a little crop and the B&W conversion. Played with a few of the sliders there to enhance the mood. Lens correction and Transform used as well. Sharpening, clarity, white & black points. The usual suspects.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Great perspective on the bridge and the tracks, Kris. B&W was an excellent choice too. The sky all really adds to the drama of the scene.

What an amazing structure! Definitely invites a walk-through.

Well titled here, Kris. An excellent tunnel like view. One of my first thoughts was how close the vehicle road bed was to the rail tracks. I wonder if there were simultaneous crossings over the years. Regardless, the huge structure has earned the scars of history while still standing to this day… :+1:

Thanks @David_Bostock, @Diane_Miller & @Paul_Nolte - it’s a pretty terrific bridge and I hope still ok for foot travel even though the people living on the other end there get upset at people parking on their dead end road. Once someone got into it with me when I was parking. I can’t recall how it ended, but it’s a public street so … suck it up people. I do kind of get it though. Anyway…I’m glad you like the presentation. I have a few views of it down on the river bank looking up if that’s of interest. The title will be familiar to people who are fans of a certain supernatural cop show from about 10 years ago.

Kris, this looks like a classic, rails to trails subject. The width suggests that there either was once a second track or that the RR had plans for a second track. That makes for much improved walking over down the tracks.

Thanks, @Mark_Seaver - I’m not really sure why it’s so wide, but maybe another track was planned. It was much easier to walk over there, holes and all!