Meditation

I couldn’t resist the meditation pose. The photograph was taken in the marsh behind Rocky Neck State Park, on July 24, at 8:40 AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Sigma 150-600mm, f7.1, 600mm, 1/2000, -.7EV, ISO 320. The shot is cropped by 60% and I adjusted the highlight ,exposure and vibrancy in DOX Photo Lab 4.

Nice specimen, Peter. This works nicely especially due to the lack of any background detail. I’m sure he’s an Egret, but he looks different from the ones up here in the Pacific NW…great catch.

Glad you didn’t resist this pose :wink: … Nice pose ! Would you have a bit more on the bottom? Probably some more reflection would be nice, but fine as presented ! Cheers, Hans

Excellent profile view with superb detail and plumage exposure management. It almost has the feel of a snowy with the wispy tail feathers.

A very nice pose, Peter. Superb detail and the water is really nice. I do think a bit more on the bottom would make this even better, but it’s an excellent image as posted.

Hi
Thank you all for the comments. Here is a repost with the reflection. This shot required around 20 clone or repairs to clean up the lower half of the frame.
Peter

The full image works quite well too. Nice!

Very nice!! I like the crop and the full reflection equally. It was worth the cloning work. I’d consider a bit more added canvas at the bottom, though.

A Snowy? It looks like the ones I see down here in the SF Bay Area.