Mellow Yellow

At this time of the year I like to buy flowers from a local florist and experiment with portraits inside. I especially enjoy photographing large flowers showing off their anatomy.

Specific Feedback Requested

All comments and suggestions are welcome and thanks for viewing.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a77M2, Tamron 16 - 300mm F3.5 - 6.3 Di II PZD at 39mm, ISO 100, f/22, 1.3 sec, AWB, tripod, lit by two 85W photo bulbs at 45 degree angles.

Hi Jim. Beautiful presentation of the lily. I like your choice of a dark background. I have done a quick rework that takes out the bright green bud near the stem at the bottom center and a reduction in vibrant yellows so that more details become visible. Just an alternative take on a great image.

Thank you @Patricia_Brundage, I didn’t like that lower bud myself but didn’t know how to handle it. You’re edits improve.

Lovely, vibrant day Lilies, captured well. Bright yellow flowers contrast very against black background. I also like the symmetry. Patricia’ s re-work removing the bud makes it even better.

Lighting with 2 photo bulbs without making dirty shadow is excellent! I agree reducing vibrance would be good to render the texture of the beautiful yellow petals.

Jim: Patricia’s rework really makes a fine image even better. Well done. >=))>