Mercer Magic

Sony A77II, 1.4x TC
ISO 200, 1/50 @ f32
Minolta 200mm macro
Mercer Arboretum, Humble, Texas
One of my favorite local haunts is the Mercer Arboretum. I went in search of water lilies this morning but when I arrived there were a few buds but no open flowers. I went on to other things which I’ll post in the coming days but when I was leaving I was delighted to see this pristine bloom had opened and was close enough to the edge of the pond to allow some good images. This is one of my favorites. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bill, I can see why you were delighted to get a chance to shoot this, especially since that was what you were in search of on this photo shoot. It is absolutely gorgeous. The lighting is nice, and the colors are wonderful. Great composition and details throughout the flower. There is a spider web on the left and left bottom that you might could clone, but not a game changer.

Areal beauty, Bill. Love the colors and the yellow “glow”.
:vulcan_salute:

Nice take on this waterlily. Good detail, lovely colors and composition is spot on. Well done.

Wow Bill, this is simply gorgeous, the luminosity of that lily is breath-taking. I like the composition because you have clipped the the edges of the flower, which I think creates a more abstract spin on this image. The processing, especially of the yellow and purple colors looks really nice. This image has a high level of impact for me, well done !!!

I don’t know if you can award yourself an Editors Pick of the Week, but this one deserves it :grinning:

Sweet stuff, Bill. That was great timing on the bloom opening. The light and details are absolutely gorgeous as is the purple/yellow combination of colors in the petals. I also like the framing you chose to showcase this lovely lily.