Sun Worshipper

Went to the Mercer Arboretum last week to shoot the water lilies and found this little beauty just opening up. Shot this in HDR to tame the contrast and to bring out some detail and color in the BG pads. All comments welcome. >=))>

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Sony A7RIII
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/640 @ f16

1 Like

Excellent choice on the HDR – the tonalities are so well-controlled — the flower is enjoying full sun but without the look we are so used to with sensor limitations. The flower is at a very nice angle to have some petals partially shaded. The OOF BG is lovely.

Very cool shot, Bill. Wonderfully captured flower.

HDR was the right approach. The light is so good for bringing up colors and textures, but is bright and direct. So fresh and perfect. A bee magnet for sure!

Bill, it looks like you got went you went for, and beautiful image of a lily. You managed the lighting well by using HDR. Such a pleasing image. Well done.

The flower is beautiful, and I love the subtle background and its contrasting color. The off center composition works well for me too. My favorite HDR images are the one’s where you can’t tell they are HDR, so really nice job on that.