"Sun Lover"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All feedback valued

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Does one flower work? I know that odd numbers are better…but is one enough to hold the composition? I liked the fact it was reaching into the sunlight so much, I figured it was enough :slight_smile:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If the background has been replaced, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Sony A7R4 (luvin’ it!)/Metabones Adaptor/Tamron G2 SP 150-600mm lens @ 600mm, 1/60 sec at f/11, ISO 100.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Doug: Glad to see someone shooting with the A7R4. As you use it more let me know your thoughts. I’m hoping one is in my near future. Really like your comp and the light on the lily as well as your framing and presentation. Most excellent.>=))>

Thanks a lot, Bill. Really appreciate your thoughts on the Lily. On the subject of the A7R4, I have been a loyal and enthusiastic Sony A7R2 shooter for years, so moving into the A7R4 was relatively quick and easy. Having said that, the A7R4 has got a lot more fire power. It’ll fire off umpteen shots on continuous shutter without jamming up the buffer, I haven’t been changing my battery at all, I’ve started using the 3 memory positions on the mode dial for #1 landscape settings, #2 bird settings, and #3 Milky Way settings…which should save a boatload of time and frustration, since we’re now shooting in all 3 genres regularly now in Florida. It’s got a much more ergonomic grip than my A7R2. In short, I am really loving this camera so far. And since I do considerable scaling and warping, it’s really nice to have 61 mp. It’s a “thumbs up” for me so far.

1 Like

One flower works great. another flower in the frame would have taken away something from the beauty of this flower. It looks as though the sun is reaching out to the flower, leaving everything else in the dark. Beautifully made. The background made by the leaves works very well also.

A nicely composed image and the way you’ve caught the light on the flower really makes this image. The lone flower works well in this setting.

Thank you all…for your very nice comments. I was actually driving when I saw this lily, and put on the brakes so I could walk back. The sun angle was just right.

The light on this one is very dramatic! Very nicely presented and framed!

I love this shot, Doug. The sun just spotlighted the flower of this beautiful lily. Very well seen and captured.

One of a kind, this image! Just gorgeous light on the flower and the background works perfectly. I’m not usually a fan of colored frames, but in this case I like it very much.

Great composition. I’m also a big fan of using long lenses for close-up photos.