Microgodzilla & RP

A scaley dilemma…

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? I left the eye reflection because of the topic but it could be toned down…

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 320, 100-400 plus 1.4x at 538 mm, f10, 800, handheld, no flash, cropped to 50% of full frame, A7R4

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

I’d prefer slightly more DOF as the sharpness drops off at the eye. The highlight has soft edges and wish that it was crisp. Other than that, the composition is ideal and provides an interesting close-up look at this gecko. Well done…Jim

Definitely some crazy eyes, David! It appears that the camera focused on the nose though. The near eye is a little soft. It looks better in the small version because of the auto sharpening.

I agree with the others on the eye but the adjective that came to mind when I saw this was “delightful!” The composition and colors are great. The eye contact really draws you in.

David: Focus issues aside, I really like this. Love the expression and the colors. Nice find and a fine capture. >=))>

David, the colors and comp. are outstanding. The lighting looks good also. DOF with that much lens is always a challenge, exacerbated by working in close.

Repost