Milky Way in Nags Head

Nikon D750 Nikon 20mm prime. ISO 2000 20 seconds F1.8

First post here.

Trying to perfect my Milky Way processing.

This old lifeguard station in the Outer Banks was a great addition to the Milky Way. It was so dark there and the Milky Way was popping that night. Tried to balance things out. Straightened the building a bit. Noise reduction in DXO. everything else in LR/PS. t\The end of the building was pretty bright. I toned it down but left the roof line so the building really stands out against the night sky.

Comments and critiques on the processing please. Never really sure about the coloring of the night sky in processing. Really depends on the image. I brightened the foreground enough so you can see the dunes and sand around the building. In reality you could not see your hand in front of your face.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Nice detail and sharpness in the night sky. To me the colour balance looks good.

I would add some contrast to the core and some vibrance to the sky enhance the nebula

Very nice, Andrew. I’m afraid I know almost nothing about processing star shots, so I’ll leave that to others, but I love the composition here and your balance of the tones throughout works very well.

I think you have a nice image here. Comp works really well. The processing is a good start but needs more work for the sky. If you know how to use Luminosity Masking a mask targeting the stars and milky way could easily brighten and add a bit more punch to those areas. They feel a bit flat as posted

This image could also have been posted in Landscape, rather than Non-Nature. It is fine that there is a building in it.