Minimalistic sunset

Critique Style: Standard

The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.

Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive

About This Image

A grand sunset over a body of water preferably with a spectacle in the sky and it’s mirror-like reflection is still missing in my portfolio. When we had clear skies and wind for several days, neither a spectacle nor a reflection were possible. So I thought that maybe a pure sunset would work. By saying pure, I mean an image presenting only the sun just above the horizon and the horizon as thin as possible. Yes, a T-shaped pure sunset is what I want ! You can’t have it all, so there are some tiny clouds in this image but I think they work very well and support the composition.

I used NiSi filters GND8 Hard and ND 1000. Editing in Capture One 23.

Feedback Requested

I’d like to know your impressions. What would you change? If I could, I would certainly put the sun on hold for 5 mins :slight_smile: .

Technical Details

Camera: NIKON D780
Lens: Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2 A032 (Nikon F)
Focal length: 45mm
Shutter speed: 300s
Aperture: f/20
ISO: 79

Jacek, this looks great. You’ve done a fine job of capturing a peaceful sunset with the long reflection accross the water. The few clouds add nicely to the sky. I do like the small cloud that’s extending the sun on the right.

1 Like