Misty dawn

It’s been a while since I last post here.
Difficult times we are experience.

My last post here was in June 2020, every since a lot has happens. It’s been a challenging year. A year of changes.

In 2021 i decide to give NPN a new start, and i just change my entire photo kit.

In a freezing and foggy morning the rising sun just cut trough the fog.

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200 f4
f8 1/160 iso64

2 Likes

This is wonderful Joao. Even though it looks damp and cold it has an inviting feel to it; almost a feeling of hope; with the sunrise cutting through the fog. I also like that partially fallen tree as it directs the viewer to the rising sun in the BG. Nicely done.

Caríssimo João,

Ainda bem que o temos de volta ao NPN, é bom ver aqui mais fotógrafos portugueses a mostrar a beleza deste nosso pequeno país.
De facto não tem estado fácil, percebo-o bem. No entanto considero esta imagem muito bem conseguida. A atmosfera envolvente é muito interessante e apelativa. Gosto da forma como as arvores formam camadas até aquela luz magnifica ao fundo.
Não mudaria nada, numa exceção talvez removesse ou retocasse aqueles galhos mais escuros no topo direito. Tirando isso lindíssima imagem.

Bem vindo novamente e espero ver mais fotos de futuro.

EN.:

Dear João,

I’m glad we have you back in NPN, it’s great to see here more portuguese photographers showing the beauty of our small country.
Indeed has not been easy, i get you. However i think this image is very well shoted. The surround mood is very interesting and appealing. I like the way that the trees make layers even in that magnificent light on the background.
I would change nothing apart from removing those branches on the URC, other then that its a beautiful image.

Be most welcome again and I’m eager to see more images.

@joaoquintela welcome back to NPN. This is a beautiful image, you were blessed to be able to take advantage of these conditions. The viewer is emerging from the gloom of a forest into the dawn of a new day, it’s a great story to tell. For me this image is all about contrast, soft/sharp, warm/cool. It all came together beautifully. I too love the fallen tree, for me it holds everything together.

Your image has a lot of symbolism with that light creeping in to end the fog and dark; it echoes my hope that the difficulties will fade over 2021. On a bit of an aside observation, I find it interesting that the background looks a little tilted while the closer elements look just right; must be the lay of the land.

Thank you all for your nice words