"Sunrise with fog and trees "

Specific Feedback Requested

C(C Welcome

Technical Details

Nikon D810
Nikon 70-200

2 Likes

Very nice, high feeling to this one, João. I like the simplicity of the scene and the dreamy foggy look. I wouldn’t change a thing. Just enjoying the view.

I have the same reaction! I love the more distant trees to be discovered dead center.

Loving the high key nature of this one, Joao. I too am liking the grouping of trees right behind the dark foreground tree dead center and how ghostly they appear. That same dark tree I think could be dodged a bit so it’s not so eye grabbing. The composition is very nice. I like how the trees get smaller on the right edge of the frame and although the trees on the left edge of the frame are bending right, I think that keeps the eye in the frame and provides good edge control. If the trees were all leaning left, the image would appear to be off balance. I think you included just enough grass in the foreground. There is one thing that bothers me a little bit though. Your information on the white frame is so bold and dark that I’m really having a hard time enjoying the scene. I would make it a light gray where it’s barely noticeable. I think it greatly detracts from an otherwise terrific image. Just my thoughts on it. Cheers!

1 Like

Very nice and understated image Joao. It feels like a fond distant memory you’ve brought forth.

Hey man! I love the shot because it creates so much mood and I think that your composition is on point. I love the way that it creates drama with the fog and the depth really well done there. If I were to change anything at all which you don’t even have to, but if you cropped just slightly on the right side to make the tree height, the same on the left, and the right, that would create symmetry and balance, even more, but again that’s me being very picky. Again, I love the shot and it’s one that I would love to take myself.

1 Like

João,

I love bare canopy. That combined with the atmosphere and somewhat high-key presentation all works well for me.

I could see dodging two of those darker trees at the bottom to kinda of even out and emphasize the foggy mood. But that’s pretty minor.

Well seen and photographed. No other nits or suggestions.

Lon

Thank you all for you nice words and suggestions.