Moody Forest

Description:

I went on a trip to Muir Woods a few months ago with a friend on a misty and foggy morning. This is by far my favorite image from that day :slight_smile:

Specific Feedback Requested:

Anything!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No
1/10s
f/3.5
ISO 400
18mm

@Ed_McGuirk I apologize in advance for the effect my settings and lack of tripod use may have on your blood pressure xD

This looks like my kind of morning for a walk in the woods, Matthew. The mood with the fog is absolutely magical as everything has this lovely lush feel to it. This is just my opinion of course, but I think this is an instance where you included to much in the scene with the 18mm. I know this is a radical crop; and may not be what you had in mind; but the top half of the image is more interesting to me. I think the crop places more of an emphasis on that wonderful light and fog streaming in from the ULC. I am looking forward to seeing what else you came away with from that morning.

I like the comp and light here. The strong vertical creates a nice degree of tension. The color looks properly balanced, but Iā€™m wonder if it might look better being a little cooler to better reflect the foggy conditions.