Moonset over Cannon Beach

There are so many excellent moon shots for this weekly challenge. I know…the moon is blown out but it kinda works for me at least.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Fujifilm GFX 100, GF 45-100 @ 69mm, 10 sec @ f/8, ISO 400, Tripod, Polarizer

Processed in C1, using Fujifilm Across B&W Profile.

2 Likes

David, this works very well for the overall mood with the scattered cloud cover and the illumination from the moon across the water. The intense brightness of the moon, “blown out” status seems extremely acceptable under these conditions. And in fact would actually expect this look. Not being around any open water and resulting atmospheric conditions like this it is an assumption, but find no nit at all with the moon as is… :+1:

1 Like

Same here. I like the off-centeredness of the moon and the water. Very nice tonalities!

@Paul_Breitkreuz and @Diane_Miller, thanks for the nice comments.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

David, having the clouds makes a “blown out” moon acceptable in my view. The mix of clouds in the sky and the long moon reflection in the water look great, especially the details in the water.

The moon being blown out does not detract from this photo. I think it brightness is needed to account for the wonderful moon glade across the water. Well seen and executed.