More 2019 favorite landscapes

A few more 2019 landscapes from Valdez, Alaska:

Robe Lake Dual Vision - - A previously posted 3 vertical photo, stitched image (The stitched image provides a much larger resolution for big prints).

Sony a6300, SE1670Z @ 20mm, ISO-100, f/11.0, 1/160, hand held

Late Fall Swans at Robe Lake - - We get a lot of Trumpeter Swans at Robe Lake in the late Fall. The lake serves as a rest stop on their way South. This shot was more about the landscape than the swans though.

Sony a6300, SE1670Z @ 70mm, ISO-100, f/5.6, hand held.

Peak Alpen Glow - - The mountain peaks at Valdez can be beautiful when they have fresh snow and late sunlight on them.

Sony a6500, FE200600G @ 286mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/200, hand held.

Pink on the Peak - - Another sunset peak at Valdez.

Sony a6500, FE200600G @ 493mm, ISO-100, f/6.3, hand held.

An Early Winter Day on Valdez Bay - - This was actually taken on the beach as the incoming tide was lapping at my boots. It is looking East down the length of the bay with the town of Valdez on the right and the Valdez Marine Terminal on the left. I the middle are an oil spill response barge and an oil spill response tug.

Sony a6300, SE1670Z @ 16 mm, ISO-100, f/11.0, 1/100, hand held. Cropped into a 4K ratio.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Real nice landscape collection, enjoyably showcasing your beautiful state. Vibrant and crisp imagery.

Gary,
All your favorites are quite beautiful and make me want to revisit Alaska again. My favorite is Peak Alpen Glow as the light on the snow capped peaks is flat out gorgeous. I hope 2020 is good to you.

A wonderful collection of Alaskan landscapes, Gary. I always enjoy seeing your images from this beautiful state. I think my favorite is the first of the two alpenglow on the mountain images, but the second image with the swans at Robe Lake tells a wonderful story too. I would have a hard time picking between these two. Outstanding work, I enjoyed seeing this collection.

Gary,
Your work is always nice to see here and especially this year end collection. It’s hard to pick a favorite but they all have me yearning to make my first trip to your beautiful state!

Gary, a great set of images. I especially like #1 and #4. In #1, the clouds, at all levels, are quite striking with the sweep of the top level adding some fine eye movement. The starkness, shape, and lighting set that peak off wonderfully.

Beautiful landscape imagery Gary! Ditto on Harley’s comments - All of them vibrant and crisp; beautifully processed images of a beautiful land.

Lon

The glow on the mountain is gorgeous. These images really speak Alaska to me. The last one from the Bay is especially enjoyable for me. Looking forward to more this year, Gary!

Lovely lighting in all of these, Gary. Beautiful work.