More Eastern Bluebirds

Male

Female

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There is an Eastern Redbud tree very near the nest box that these birds are using so I used one of the branches for a photo shoot this morning.

Specific Feedback

Any comments appreciated.

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III, tripod
ISO 2500, f9, 1/200s

Processed with DXO PureRaw 3 and Photoshop.

2 Likes

Every one of these is great, Allen. I love it when they’re feeding babies. A perch in the right place makes for wonderful images.

1 Like

I love the light blue, pink, and green color palette in these Allen. It looks like they have a really nice kids menu at their local cafe too!!!

1 Like

These are wonderful!! I’m green with jealousy! Prime bug season in our microclimate is a week or more away, so the timing of nesting seems to be lagging behind yours. Maybe I can get serious about them soon – they seem to be using one of the nest boxes.

1 Like

All very nice images. Amazing what a little bit of additional color does to add to the impact of the photo-a good lesson.

1 Like

Allen, all four are great views. I do like the colors in the first three a bit better where having more green in the background contrasts with the bird and the redbud blooms beautifully.

These are beautiful! Thank you for sharing. My own favorite is the first where the male is showing off his dress coat.

1 Like