Critique Style Requested: Standard
The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.
Description
Visited the park pond on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday morning so I have several images. These are all from Thursday. A family of kingfishers moved in and put on a good show for us.
Specific Feedback
Any
Technical Details
Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender III, monopod
ISO 800, f7.1, 1/5000s
Critique Template
Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.
- Vision and Purpose:
- Conceptual:
- Emotional Impact and Mood:
- Composition:
- Balance and Visual Weight:
- Depth and Dimension:
- Color:
- Lighting:
- Processing:
- Technical:
2 Likes
A nice series and fortunate that you are able to get some ideal frames of this elusive and skittish bird. They are all very good, but the ones swallowing prey are my faves…Jim
Hi Allen
That is a cool pond you have. Jim is correct in picking number 2, as a classic photograph, but I’m going with number 5. (how do like that) Very mice series.
Peter
Another beautiful set of Kingfisher images, Allen. I won’t even try to pick a favorite out of these.
You are the king of Kingfisher photos. Excellent images with superb detail movement and color. You really done a good job with your captures at this location. They are really skittish and tough to approach.
As David said, they are so skittish, I’d be happy with any of these. Agree with Dennis, hard to pick a favorite. I do like the first one as it’s a flight shot showing the envirionment. I’m impressed how sharp the flight shots are.
Nice collection of a VERY hard to photograph bird; well done!