Belted Kingfisher series

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Went back the kingfisher pond at the local park early this morning. Was happy to find a few kingfishers doing their thing. This is a series when one caught a fish relatively close to us.

Specific Feedback

Any

Technical Details

Canon R7, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x extender, monopod
ISO 2500, f5.6, 1/3200s

Processed in DXO Pure Raw 3 and Photoshop

1 Like

All the images are excellent, Allen. Looks like a great location.

Allen, even getting close to most Kingfishers is extremely challenging. You’ve got a winner of a bird(s) who’ll let you get reasonably close and an excellent series of images. The details in the bird are excellent.

Wow! You have really found the right background and technique to nail these pictures. They are all very good … #6 is stunning!

You have mastered the kingfisher shots. All of them are excellent with 1 and 3 nudging out 2 as being my favorites. The reflection in 1 and water drops in 3 put these over the top. In your second photo, the OOF snag tends to pull my eye down, but the pose is excellent. Awesome series.

Great series, Allen! :slight_smile:

I think I can honestly say that Kingfishers are my favorite among the smaller birds.

#1 shows a bit more of the side of the fish and where the Kingfisher speared it. The wing position and reflection is more appealing to me as well.
That said, I really like them all! :slight_smile:

Holy Cow!! All are amazing and wonderful. I’ll vote for #3 but it’s a hard choice!

I’m not going to try to pick a favorite. All are excellent.

Now that’s an amazing set of images. Wow ! Never seen one flying with a fish impaled… no nits from my side, and no complaints from yours I assume :wink: … Cheers, Hans