Morning Foam

Walking on the beach in the early morning, the sea foam washing up against the kelp bits caught my eye. Both the shapes and the brightness of the foam were striking.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
a7r3, 37mm, f/16, 1/100s, ISO 400. Processed to bring out my impression of the foam strongly standing out against the sand - darkened and brought out some detail in the sand, color graded to cool the sand and warm the highlights.

3 Likes

Kind of a neat abstract here, Bonnie. It’s always good to take a look down as you did here as there are many photos we actually step over or even on… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nice intimate landscape, Bonnie. I think the dark sand really sets it off nicely.

1 Like

Bonnie,

I really like the contrast and textures. Also there is just enough interesting foam details to wander and explore without being drawn of the scene. Nicely done.

1 Like

Another one of your suggestive images. Is it Cape Cod or something more sinister. The roots on the left look none too friendly. But they and their shadow are critical for how you feel when looking at this composition.

1 Like

That was my thought too, you found a good balance between the lead actor and the supporting cast. They arrangement of all the smaller elements is very well balanced , and it keeps your eye within the scene as Alan said.

Its also interesting that the 4 larger bits of foam on the right feel like they are physically connected to the large foam patch, even though they really aren’t. My brain fills in the blanks and I essentially perceive this as one shape (Cape Cod works).

1 Like

That is a very beautiful composition, and the technical details are really well done.

1 Like

Thank you, @Paul_Breitkreuz, @David_Bostock, @Alan_Kreyger, @Igor_Doncov, @jefflafrenierre , and @Ed_McGuirk for your appreciation.

They might have been connected when the wave first washed in. I didn’t think about it, but I do see all the foam as one entity here.

Interesting image that takes a minute to absorb. I really like the choice to darken the sand; it sets off the foam and kelp nicely.