Morning Frost

In our area, we don’t usually get frost until December. It was a cold, clear morning, and I liked the subtle patterns and colors of the leaves on the lawn in our back yard.

Type of Critique Requested

• Aesthetic: Feedback on the overall visual appeal of the image, including its color, lighting, cropping, and composition.
  • Conceptual: Feedback on the message and story conveyed by the image.
  • Emotional: Feedback on the emotional impact and artistic value of the image.
  • Technical: Feedback on the technical aspects of the image, such as exposure, color, focus and reproduction of colors and details, post-processing, and print quality.

Specific Feedback and Self-Critique

I was going for patterns, texture, and color. I wanted everything sharp and in focus. In hindsight, I could have played more with the composition and arrangement of the leaves, or shot different sets of leaves. I experimented with an Orton effect and a slight vignette but did not like either one. I did add some texture and a little bit of clarity in the raw processing.

Technical Details

1/10, f/22, ISO 1600, Nikon Z7ii with 24-120mm lens at 53mm. WB was adjusted to 6500.

This is a fine view of your frosted yard, Patrick. You’ve got a very pleasant mix of colors in the leaves and grass scattered well throughout the frame.

@Mark_Seaver Thank you Mark!