Morning Shell

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Got up this morning and saw the morning light on my favorite shell… the lines and tone spoke to me so i took a few shots. kind of a personal shot. I just love the simplicity with a sharp and softness vibe…

Specific Feedback

maybe more center…

Technical Details

shutter 100 F 16 ISO 250 edit on photoshop. tried to give it the old film look…

Gill, this does have the old B&W film look to it. The black BG brings all the attention to the shell with all the shapes, lines, and shadows. I’m wondering if cropping a little off the right side, making it more of a square and evening up the amount between the shell and the edge would improve it? Just a thought. I know that the rest of the conk shell is in that direction, but it isn’t visible. Nice B&W.

Thanks. I shot it with natural light where as the light did the cropping for me. I felt the small part of the Shell was the strongest part of the photo so I kept it to the left. The eyes then drift to the right and into void and question. The older I get the simpler I get with my photography and music.

Thanks for showing interest
:pray::earth_americas::camera_flash::earth_americas::pray:

1 Like