The Shell Light to Void

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Another Morning Photograph. Natural light with the morning light just coming up and leaving shadows and void in the photo. I feel that sometimes its what you don’t see that makes you question why.

Specific Feedback

Composition may be questioned. the simplicity !!! why all the light to void ideas. Its just the way i see. it was there with my other photo and i took the shots. Not everything is perfect in the world. as i age i really notice that more and more …

Technical Details

ISO 250 shutter 100 f18 i’m always changing my settings looking for another way. !!!

1 Like

Gill, it is good to experiment in photography, that is for sure. Change the settings, the position, the composition. I am guilty of not doing that often enough, and then I get back to the computer with the collection of images, and it is so much of the same, and I am then wishing I had tried this or that. So good for you trying other settings, etc.

It looks like you accomplished your goal with this image. B&W is good for shadows and light, lines, tones, etc.

Hi Gill, really nice use of light angles and shadows. Nicely composed too - I like the diagonal of the shell. Well done black and white.

Thanks. I really appreciate that.