Morning Stretch

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A group of us had gotten up early to photograph a pair of juvenile eagles building their first nest. On the way, this scene jumped out at us, and we decided to leave the eagles to the scores of photographers that had shown up that morning. So glad we did. I spent quite a bit of time with this egret, but this image, where it lifted one foot, ended up my favorite.

Specific Feedback

All feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

(Hoping it would take flight, I had a fast shutter speed selected). 1/2500sec, f/10, ISO1600, 600mm

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

The coraline sky is awesome Fritz. I love the fringe on both sides of the egret. Looks like an old rocker that stayed up late. The twigs and branches are busy, but are not distracting because of the wonderful sky in the BG.

1 Like

I love how Graphic the image feels. The sky is amazing and the tree and the egret has a very painted feel, reminds me of old Japanese calligraphy images. Well Done!

Todd

1 Like

Thank you, Todd; much appreciated.

Thank you, Ed; much appreciated.

Top notch there, Fritz. Great use of the silhouette technique. The tree is a little chaotic but not overly so. I really like how the egret has one leg in the air. Great timing to catch that and add a little extra visual interest.