The Standout

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

For the briefest of moments, this tree took center stage as the rising sun side-lit it to its full glory, the delicate mist rising off of the water accentuating this magic scene.

Specific Feedback

All feedback welcomed.

Technical Details

75mm, f/8, 1/250 sec, ISO 4000

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:
1 Like

This is outstanding Fritz. It has an ethereal quality to it. It almost looks like you used IR on it. I love the BW treatment. That swirling mist on the water is awesome. I like that you can see the tree in attendance at this spotlighting too along with the ultra dark trees in the BG. Iā€™m sure there are some gators lurking in there somewhere. . .

Spooky gorgeously wonderful!! Otherworldly, with the beautiful hinted detail of the BG trees. And perfect for B/W!

It may just be me, but my eye gets pulled away by the bright water to the left. Wonder what you think of a vignette to put the magical tree in more of a magical spotlight?

2 Likes
  • Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical: this is a magical image , it says it all

Hi Fritz, This is quite a lovely image you have shared with us. The way you have captured the light is quite ethereal, it really makes the image. The B&W treatment is quite superb. Well seen, and processed!

Moody, mystical magic! You might burn down the brightest areas of the mist just a bit.
Stunning image!

Beautiful Image !!! Love the Tone !!!