Morning Sun updated

I was at the gardens earlier in the morning and the sunlight hit this flower just right

Specific Feedback Requested

Any suggestions are welcome because I will go back Sunday to take more photos of this. Is the leaf on the right distracting.

Technical Details

R7 100 f/2.8 ISO 640 f/16 1/60. Was not sure about the f-ratio as my focus was on the middle part of the flower

1 Like

Dean, this is a very striking photo. The leaf on the right I find “cute”, for want of a better word, and I’d keep it in! The only change I might make would be to darken some more the BG leaves in the upper left, even perhaps removing that bright tip. Good luck when you go back for more great shots.

I like the leaf on the right. Sorry I didn’t make it in time for your new shoot, but I think this side view is really good and could be better if you could isolate from the back more. It may not be possible. You could fool around with reducing the blacks and shadows there to make the other leaves disappear, but it may need them so I’d just try it and see how it feels. If it stays balanced. You could also try just cloning out the pointy bit which is lighter than the rest.

The yellows look a bit hot here, but they are translucent so it’s hard. Have you tried other angles when you were there? Is is classic, but I’d love to see one from directly above if you can position there.

I worked on updating the background and hiding the leaves more, still left a ghostly trace of them. I cropped some from the right and darked it

1 Like