Morning Dew and re-post

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I like the center plant; should I try to isolate it more?

Specific Feedback

As above

Technical Details

Canon R5; 100-500 with 1.4 Tx at 420 mm (came upon this while photographing birds); 1/320 at f10; ISO 400

Very cool. So much water! I can’t remember the last time I saw dew/rain drops in such density. What a treat. Amazing tiny world you found. Isolating the center leaf group would be a good idea. The URC is brighter and more attention-grabbing. Maybe a combination of blurring, lowering the contrast and the exposure there would help. Nicely seen. I love using long lenses for this kind of thing.

Thanks for the advice, @Kris_Smith , I’ll work on it with your suggestions.

Hi Allen. I agree on liking that main lupine cluster and most of the lower left is in nice focus. However the out of focus areas have enough texture to draw attention, but not enough to support attention. I agree with @Kris_Smith on her method of approach. I think I;/d star with some blur and then see what else might be needed.

1 Like

Here’s a re-post: I cropped down to empasize the “star” plant, darkened the plant in the upper right and added a vignette.

1 Like

That really made a difference, Allen. Nice work.

1 Like