Mosaic

Sony A77
Minolta 24-85 @ 85mm, CPL
ISO 400, 1/500 @ f5.6
Stream Bed, St Mary’s River, Glacier NP

I had a lot of fun playing with different SS and comps in this stretch of the river. All comments welcome. Please view large. >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Bill, the full spectrum mix of colored stones and distortions from the water make an outstanding abstract. The colors and the light are lovely.

Bill, I echo Mark’s comment here. This is extremely nice an abstract that is very colorful. The slight rippling water sets up the scattered random pattern that works so well. Would make a really neat puzzle as a result…:+1::+1:

This is lovely, Bill. It looks more like glass or gems than water. Very well composed and I love the way it’s all about the ripples with the bed of the stream and reflections just supplying color.

Bill,

The large view is incredible! The mosaics and colors are wonderful - I could stare and explore this for quite some time.

I can’t help but remember back to images posted on NPN 1 - I want to say her name was Nancy Lea Sandy and the images were themed as the "Headwaters? " Any long time NPNer’s might remember. Anyway, I will forever remember those as they inspire me to this day.

Not in any way to take away from your capture Bill - it’s quite wonderful.

Lon

Wonderful abstract detail on this image. The colors, shapes, and textures are just amazing especially in the larger view. Looks just like my sensor in the right light…

Love the glass-like appearance Bill!

1 Like

I always give the same comment to such images - they look like jewels.

It certainly does look like a beautiful stain glass window.