Mount Albert Goldenrod, Solidago simplex

This is a low growing, very early goldenrod that’s native to the west coast and has already gone to seed. These little seed heads are about 1/2 inch in diameter and this particular plant was only about 6 inches tall.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Anything

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Anything

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

5DIII, EF 180 f/3.5 macro, tripod, 9 images at f/5.6, 1/1000, iso 1000, manual focus. Stacked in Helicon Focus, further processing in LR & PS CC. The originals were taken in Portrait format and I added canvas on the left and did some cloning in PS. I brought the exposure of some of the seed heads up in LR as a finishing touch.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A very nice and interesting image. stacking done well with all the seed pods in focus. The seed pods stand out against the oof background even though the colors are light. I haven’t seen this kind of goldenrod. Most goldenrods bloom in late summer. This seems too early. You must have developed a sore neck after making several images so low to the ground.

Really nice image Dennis. I like the curving stem coming up from the moss (?). The texture and details of the seed pods is quite nice. Well done.

Dennis: Great POV and a fine result. The largest version is a delight. Really well done. >=))>