Mountain Bluebird Fledgling

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Our nestbox with Mountain Bluebirds started emitting babies yesterday. This is one of the fledglings sitting in a pine tree. The female disappeared at least two weeks ago, leaving the male to feed the six youngsters. I’ve see three fledglings (for sure) out and about with two more in the box this morning.

Technical Details

R5, 100-500 @ 500, 1/200 s, f/8, iso 800, tripod

2 Likes

Excellent detail in the youngster and you have a great setting. Nicely composed as well.

Well done, Mark. “Our nestbox…started emiting babies…” I’ve never looked at it that way! :laughing: Anyway, excellent details in the bird and an awesome perch. No nits from me.

Bluebird males always seem to be great parents. It’s so much work feeding that many babies. An excellent image of this youngster with great detail and the colors are right on. It’s interesting that your mountain birds have already fledged. Our Western birds haven’t quite gotten that far yet, though I don’t think it will be very long now.

Hi Mark, I like this a lot. The surroundings are great and the details on the bird are quite fine. Terrific view of this youngster. Looks a good bit like the Eastern Bluebird juveniles we have here. Well done.

I’ve been meaning to pop a comment in here to say that I really like the setting you have for this young one. It is so fitting and natural - somehow we just don’t see birds in conifers as much so that’s special. Of course the light and orientation of s/he looking out of the perch looks excellent, too. These guys look like they are fun to have around. My mom puts up nest boxes and a meal worm feeder for hers and she loves watching them.