Mt Rosa

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any commentary is welcome

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any commentary is welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Single shot on Canon Tilt-Shift 17mm lens…tilted forward for maximum DOF. Adapted to a Sony A7R2 body with a Metabones IV Smart Adaptor. Shot at .5 sec @ f/16, ISO 100.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
4 Likes

This is a nice image, but I was immediately drawn to something in the sky that seemed off. It almost looked like the sky was composited into the image.

Zooming in shows a semicircle oddity that looks like ghosting. I guess it’s something from the tilt lens?

With the exception that Bradley mentions I think this is an exceptional image. There is good luminosity and contrast throughout. The tilt lens has provided excellent sharpness to the ledge you’re standing and that texture adds a great deal to the image. In fact the fg is just as interesting as the glacier and sky, something that’s not easy to pull off. The only question is - where is Mt Rosa?

Oh my, now I am embarrassed. I was warping the image a bit, and forgot to clean it up. Thanks for catching that :wink:

Gornergrat, Switzerland :slight_smile: Thanks for reminding me to mention where places are here :slight_smile:

To me, this image is all about color, texture and shapes. We don’t even have to know it’s a mountain. Beautifully done.
:vulcan_salute:

Doug,

This might be my favorite and perhaps your best posted image so far - at least for me. Composition is excellent - great balance of elements throughout; great color, contrast and overall processing. Fantastic mountain landscape.

Clean up that transformation leftovers - then this should be good to print large!

Lon

Thank you to everyone … for your valuable feedback. You’ll be happy to know I have cleaned up that edge from warping on my end, and it looks much better. Appreciate you guys!

What a majestic scene, Doug! I like the flow of the composition from the foreground to the background. The light and color is great as well.