"Schilthorn Piz Gloria"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Always interested in your perspective!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Always interested in your perspective!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

I think what makes this photo different, is an applied contrast control technique I’ve been using. It seems to give more punch to the brighter/subject area(s)…which is what I intended. Shot at 1/400 sec @ F/8, ISO 100, 70mm.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

This may be your best on NPN so far. I can’t remember them all. I like the dark wedge in the bottom right. The red balls are really not big enough to be a distraction for most people. I would probably remove them and the wires. They do tell a story but are so small that you have to look hard to see the story.

I just noticed the bottom left shadow which I think is an issue. I would content-aware it out.

Amazing image, love the balance between the highlight zones, and how the valley creates that diagonal.
As @Igor_Doncov said, the lines are a small distraction but not a problem for me.
The constrast is very interessting dn the highlight sure have a punch to them that catches your eyes.

The only thing i would change are those black areas on the lower part, maybe clone them out ou recrop. They can be a bit distracting. Other then that, killer shot.

Thanks for sharing,
Cheers

Doug, this is a more than great image in my opinion.A good one to keep in mind for me ,when making images.

A very interesting scene. The wires and red balls detract from the scene, but they are present if reality is the goal of the shot. Well done–lighting is awesome too…Jim

I wanted to send a general “thanks” back to those commenting above. I agree with everything said, and actually throught about removing wires and shadows…I just didn’t follow thru…which teaches me something. That is…I should follow thru next time. Thanks gents!

I really like the scale conveyed in this image. I especially like the elevated perspective and the juxtaposition of the castle to the background peak. Nicely done!