Mud cracks and sand ripples

Description:Cracks in the clay pan and the base of a sand dune in Namibia

Specific Feedback Requested:All comments welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Monochrome conversion and local dodging and contrast adjustment

Is this a composite?No

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
4 Likes

Outstanding in every way. The clash of geology and the textures are just fantastic. You did a terrific job with the B&W conversion, too. Chaos & order. Dark to light. The strong diagonal. Top notch. Wouldn’t change a thing.

I concur with Kristen, an outstanding image! Nothing to improve here.

I will agree with the comments above, outstanding image. The patterns, textures and tones are excellent, coming together for a great semi-abstract. No suggestions here, just thoroughly enjoying this one.

Looks great, Anthony. The square crop and 50:50 bright/dark diagonal split make for excellent viewing. The strong contrast shows off the shapes and textures very well.

This is a very striking abstract Anthony! The contrasts and textures are amazing.

So agree with the other comments, Anthony. The contrast between the dark lines of the sand and the organic shapes of the mud are, at least for me, fascinating to view. Wonderful post, thanks for sharing it.

Wonderful image! So much contrast to enjoy!

@Harley_Goldman @linda_mellor @Mark_Seaver @Eva_McDermott @Ola_Jovall
Thanks everyone for your comments.

Thank you for your comment.

I am here just to say how much I enjoyed looking at the image.
The textures, patterns and juxtaposition are just amazing
The contrast and the dynamic nature of those diagonal lines.
You have made my day

Aref, thanks for your kind and much appreciated comment.