Sand Patterns

This is the last one of my dune images from the recent trip. This is an area around 6 feet across.

D850, 70-200mm

1 Like

Harley,
I never tire of these types of sand pattern images and I also tend to prefer the B&W versions. This one has a really unique distorted dreamy look to it, and the variation and breaks in pattern add a lot of interest. Nice vision on your part to see this one.

Nice work Harley, there is an interesting variety of patterns given how small a physical area that we are looking at. The other thing I like about this is that for me there is an almost criss-cross flow in the pattern. The shadow lines seem to run from ULC to LRC. and the repeating rows of dunes seem to flow LLC to URC. For me this creates an interesting visual experience.

Harley, I think I’m getting dizzy! :wink: This is a great pattern. I especially like the angles and the transition to smaller ripples in the lrc.

I too love shots like this! I think it’s really neat how there are both “higher” and “lower” frequency patterns in this shot. My preference is color (like a nice warm/cool contrast), but B&W certainly works.

For me, the “distortions” of the pattern near the top are a little distracting. I think cropping them off improves the image: