Ripples of Light

Description:

While waiting for the “good light”, I noticed the unique patters in one of the dunes and knew I had to showcase it. I used the harsh shadows to my advantage to really accentuate the ripples in the sand.

Specific Feedback Requested:

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? Single exposure at 80mm.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. @andrewjameshertel
1 Like

Well seen and presented! I love the secondary ripples perpendicular to the first, created by the two shadows.

1 Like

Definitely a photo to get lost in…or a maze you can never escape. Well done using the light to advantage. Plus converting to B&W allows for even greater tonal range. It’s almost an abstract, but is natural enough to recognize it for what it is. I think if you were doing a book or a series of prints from that location it would be a great addition.

1 Like

Andrew, the shapes of the ridges show and flow very well here. I think a very modest crop, pulling in the lower right corner just a bit (to cover where you logo sits right now) would add to the lower left to upper right eye movement.

1 Like