Cloud Ripples

This one was taken on an October day in 2015 from my back yard. I thought the flow pattern ripples in the clouds were very intriguing.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5DIII, 28-70 f/2.8L @ 70mm, f/13, 1/80, iso 400, aperture priority +1EV. Processed in LR & PS CC. A minor crop from the right and a bit off the top where it got less interesting. Some burning on the top to provide more depth and contrast enhancement both globally and locally to emphasize the patterns. Saturation was significantly reduced, but I didn’t go entirely to B&W.

Wonderful rippled patterns in these clouds, Dennis. Is there any chance to get a little more contrast in them? If that an effect you’d like? Nicely seen and captured.

Hi @linda_mellor. I played with more contrast, but they started looking too curdled for my taste.

1 Like

Dennis, I agree that all the ripples in the clouds are fascinating. This is a great sky, that I assume got darker and finally started raining later.

Very cool looking clouds, Dennis. As you already mentioned they are intriguing. They remind me of some sea foam from some wave action along the shoreline. If you hadn’t mentioned it I would have thought this was a B&W.