Mug shot

This two photographs were taken in a very small pond of water on the beach of Harness Memorial Park, Ct, on Oct 29, at 8:35 AM. This is as low as I can get and still stand back up safely. ( Parkinson’s and 72)
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, Canon 100-500m & 1.3Ext, f10, 661mm, 1/1250, ISO 3200. The shots were cropped by around 45% and I increase the exposure, vibrancy and saturation in DXO Photo Lab 5.

Two great images. I like the low perspective and love the poses in both shots, although a bit more of a head turn in the first image would be ideal. Showing the habitat is an important and appealing part of the image for me.

I can’t help but feel the first image could do with a bit of rotation, but most of the background ripples seem to line up when I scroll down the page.

Parkinson’s and age is not for wussies. Good on you!

Are you able to give me a bird ID?

Nice shots. (greater yellowlegs??). I’d lean towards the second shot because of the background. I like the line of grass behind the bird.

Hi Allen & Glennie
Allen you win the prize this is a Greater Yellowlegs. Here are two more shots of the same bird.

Thank for the comments.
Peter
Ps
I am controlling the Parkinson’s by, Centering Arts T’ai Chi, walking, Rock Steady Boxing and better live through chemistry.

Hi Peter, I think I prefer these last two images over the first two. In the top one I like the crossed legs and in the bottom one the lifted foot creates a sense of action and I like the background with the green reflection in the water. Good job in these captures and your efforts to control the Parkinson’s.

Lovely shots, Peter, what I typically like is that the bird is shown in its surroundings - all are nice, my personal favourite being the 4th. Cheers, Hans

I’m very pleased you posted two more images of the bird. I think the last one is the winner for me. The image is showing the habitat and giving you a lovely profile pose. The raised leg is the icing on the cake.

I wonder if there is another version; flip the image horizontally? Trim a little off the top? A subtle “field blur” over the background and maybe a subtle gradient burn from the RHS. (of the flipped image) Of course, only if all that photoshop work is within your ethics.

Hi Glennie
Thank you for the comments. I do not have photoshop and DXO Photo Lab will not flip an image.
Peter