Here's looking at you.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I photographed this Greater Yellowlegs in the back of Rocky Neck State Park on Oct. 28 at 8:36AM. I just like the way it looks like the Yellowlegs is studying the bubble.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm &1.4ext, f10, 700mm, 1/1600, ISO 800 and cropped 55% in DXO PhotoLab 7.

1 Like

More like “Here’s Looking at Me!” Very nice, Peter. I’ve rarely seen these so deep in the water. I like the crop and the still water with those lovely ripples.

Nice contemplative pose and detail. I like the concentric rings in the water. Nice light as well.

Lovely detail and color! But for me, there is too much weight in the lower right part of the frame – too much empty space above and to the left of the bird – and not enough room on the bottom. I could see leaving the lovely ripples on the left, though. But something like this feels much more comfortable.

1 Like

Hello, Peter. Lovely image with the bird in its typical pose, and the circular waves around it. I think Diane’s suggestion makes sense, it strengthens the image even further. Cheers, Hans

Hi Dennis, Allen, Diane & Hans
Thank you for your comments and Diane I like the new cropping.
Peter