Here's looking at you

This Lesser Yellowlegs was photographed on the Four Mile River, in South Lyme, Ct. The shot is hand-held and cropped by 15%. I adjusted the highlights and clarity in Lightroom 5.
Camera Model Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Shooting Date/Time 05/07/18, 08:05AM
Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv(Shutter Speed) 1/800
Av(Aperture Value) 8.0, Metering Mode Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation -2/3, ISO Speed 400
Lens TAMRON SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD A011
Focal Length 500.0mm, Image Quality RAW.
Thank you for stopping by
Peter

You have good detail and an interesting pose, Peter. To my eye, the bird feels a bit centered in the horizontal direction, but I wouldn’t want to chop off that nice ripple ring on the left, so I think you ended up at the best place.

Peter, you’ve got an appealing pose here with the cocked head and lifted foot. The detail looks pretty good considering hand-held. I would make one minor suggestion. With all my water scenes, especially when the subject’s reflection is naturally blurred, the second best way to judge level by looking at elliptical pooling. Relatively smooth water is ALWAYS level, so it might be worthwhile giving it about 1 degree of CCW rotation, and in this case the vertical reflections are leaning that way too. Admittedly a nitpick, but just my 2 cents.

Very pleasing light, detail, and a less common pose. The concentric rings add interest to the image. I am in agreement with the others with respect to the counterclockwise rotation of this image.

Interesting expression and a very nice setting. I like the minimalistic elements in the image. Agree with others on the requirement for slight rotation. Nice work getting the entire reflection in the frame.