Multitude of Goldfields

The wildflower displays in California this spring have been multitudinous (I think that’s a word).
These are Goldfields, tiny and low growing, in such a carpet that I have ever seen! Central California near Carrizo Plain. This was at evening after some rain, when the sun peeked through for a few moments of wonderful light.

What technical feedback would you like if any? any

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any

Pertinent technical details or techniques: single image, f/16, ISO200, 55mm, 1/30. I did very little in post , just LR.

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

I’m well acquainted with that region and terrain, Kathy. But this goes beyond anything I’ve seen in the flat terrain. The trail makes if for me, nicely leading my eye back into the tangles and the low foothills behind. Well done.

Beautiful spring wildflower landscape image Kathy. I too think the path is a pleasing added element.

The gray cloud cover adds to the story and effect of diffused lighting, which of course enhances the colors of the greens and yellows.

No nit or suggestions. A lovely site to behold.

Lon

Very nice, Kathy - the lowering sky is offset beautifully by the glistening gold of the flowers. The pathway gives a good lead in, and I like your choice of horizon line. An image which has a strong sense of time and place.

Kathy, nicely seen and photographed. I’m sure this would not have the same impact if the trail cutting through the center here was not there. That truly gives the mindset of wanting to travel along that path to see what is in the small grove of trees…:sunglasses:

Kathy, the gentle trail through the vast plain of flowers is very inviting. The sunlight hitting the flowers does a great job of setting them off from the heavy clouds, perfect timing.

Really beautiful light and color in this image. The dark sky and the diagonal trail assisted making this a very pleasing composition.

Kathy: Oh I like this! The flowers are great main characters but the supporting actors of the path, the low trees and the sky make this all the better. Nicely seen, composed and captured.>=))>