Multnomah Falls

This is a fair amount of snow (and ice) for Multnomah Falls.
Taken in December 2016. The Columbia Gorge does get a couple of snow/ice storms in most winters,
(none this year so far), but It can be difficult to get there when it does.
I made it for this one.611_3755npn

If this is not enough of a snow image the mods can delete it.
Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

This is supposed to be in weekly challenge if the Mods can move it.

I think this is the first time I have seen an image of Multnomah Falls in the winter, Dan. It certainly looks beautiful at anytime during the year. Did you happen to shoot any verticals as I think they would also work beautifully with snow? Nicely done.

Dan,

Cold and refreshing don’t usually go hand in hand, but it is quite refreshing to see this in this cold, snowy and wintry condition. I like the amount of snow here too, not so much that it blankets everything; it’s good to see some of the details come through. The treatment of the water is quite lovely as well and I hope you did get some more intimate shots as well.

Speaking of which, I could see cropping this; and mostly off the left. The tree in the UL isn’t really adding anything nor is the snow-dusted rock face in the LL. This might even present well in a square format. The only other dilema would be the patches of sky up top. If keeping the top of the falls is important, I think I would try CA cloning of the larger patch of sky UL. But if the top of the falls isn’t important, then crop a slice off the top to eliminate all the little bits of gray sky. Minor details though.

Lovely winter rendition from Multnomah Falls.

Lon

Really nice Dan, the Columbia Gorge must be such an interesting location with the right winter conditions. Do they ever have to close Interstate 84 thru the Gorge during winter storms, it must get pretty icy in places?

The exposure, WB, and contrast look good to me. I like that you composed this as a horizontal, i like how the snow covered cliffs pull you into te center of the image. But I agree with Lon, I’d suggest cropping away the tree in the ULC, as well as the very top of the falls. Things like that near the edges of the frame can be nitpicks.

Snow and winter only makes this place more beautiful. I like the wide perspective that shows off the textures surrounding the fals.